Question
Posted by: Hairy | 2010-01-06

Hair on Face / Hormones

Good Day

About 24 months ago I discovered that I had a couple of long fine strands of hair on the middle front of my neck. Over the last year, single long thick strands of hair have been popping up on my chin, just under my jaw-line and now on my upper lip.

This is quite embarrassing and I pull them out but I have to be on a constant lookout.

I’ m a 33 year-old female. I am 1,58m and I weigh 80kg –  so I’ m overweight –  as I have been for the past ten years...all my life.

What is causing this?

I have been told by friends that it is due to hormonal changes but that I’ m quite young to be experiencing this. My period is like clockwork. I have noticed that now and then I feel hot and then cold all within a short period of time.

Could it be related to stress –  my workload is quite high and I am taking strain.

Should I have my hormone level checked?
Would it be preferable for me to go directly to a gynae?

Please advise.

Thanks!

You could have PCOS or some other hormonal problem. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-07