Question
Posted by: Ann | 2009/07/08

Hair loss/thinning

Hello Doc

My hair has been thinning for some time now, been for blood test done the home remedies and all that.
I recently saw an episode of Oprah where she had someone on the who' s hair also started thinning for no reason until she went for a cat scan and it revealed she had a tumor, which was causing the hair loss. Is this possible.

Dear Ann
If you have a tumour you will also have other symptoms like weight loss, anemia, tiredness, and sometimes pain. A tumour is not usually the cause for hair loss. What blood tests did you have?