Posted by: Bee | 2009-03-24

Hair loss / to regrow hair

I lost a tremendous amount of my hair in 2005, which fell out due to stress. I was also diagnosed by two gynocologists to have developed PCOS in 2005, although they said that my hair loss was not related to the PCOS. I have tried to take care of myself since then, eating healthily and exercising and using herbal shampoos/conditioners. My hair was long, but I recently cut it short (a pixie cut) so that I could take better care of it and try massage my scalp when I wash my hair - hoping that my ' lost'  hair will start growing back. I am also avoiding dying my hair.

My hairdresser recommended I use Nisim shampoo and conditioner which will help my hair regrow, but I heard another lady say that her hair only grows back while she uses the products, and then stops when she discontinues the products. As these products are imported from Canada and very expensive, I did not want to rush into anything.

Is it best for me to see a hair specialist or are there alternative therapies/products etc you suggest I try. What specialist do you recommend (in Cape Town)? or how can I find such a reputable specialist?

Thank-you. Hoping to put an end to my patchy hair! :)

Dear Bee
Try using a good multivitamin like Nu-hair, and put a bottle of Lennons Bergamot essence in your shampoo.
Laser treatment may help:
Look under non surgical procedures, Laser
Hope this is useful!

Posted by: kosie | 2009-04-01

him im 24 year old male, i have started to loose hair at the top of my head, which my hair-dresser picked up and i have noticed the spot myself.what are my options regarding over the counter treatment ,shampoos etc? my hair is in good condition and i dont have abnormal stress.

Reply to kosie