Posted by: Candy | 2013-02-02

Hair loss

I have a quick query:
I have been noticing that my hair has been falling quite a lot more than normal. I do know the causes of hair fall like bad diet, stress etc, but I dont think thats the case. Last year around the same time my hair also fell off more. and the after a month of 2 it stops falling.
what could be the reason for this? is it the heat? Im so confused

thank you

It is said that people looses up to 100 strands of hair per day but if you are concerned, I suggest that you consult a dermatologist to rule out a form of eczema or alopecia. Other causes for hairloss can include the use of oral contraceptives, thyroid disorders, anemia, menopause etc. Consult your doctor for blood tests. Refer to the following link regarding hairloss:

Posted by: Petra Beyers | 2013-02-04

Good Day! I am 49yr, my hair started falling out Oct 2012 and now in Feb 2013 is half what it was. I do have thyroid disorder and in my menopause. I do use hormone and thyroid medication for this. Hope I could get a answer soon, too scare to comb my hair.

We in W/Africa and only visit the doctors every 4 month.

thank you

Reply to Petra Beyers