Question
Posted by: Baldy | 2012-02-12

Hair loss

Hi. Over the past 9 months I have lost 36kg. I did this by changing my diet. I stopped eating sugar and unhealthy food. I eat fruits and vegetables every day. I still get protein and small portions of carbohydrates every day. My question is whether or not weight loss can lead to hair loss. I have lost more than half my hair over the past few months.

Baldy

Hairloss can occur when a patient looses weight rapidly. I do however, suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and possible treatment.