Question
Posted by: aidan | 2011-12-07

hair loss

Hi doc, I have problem with hair loss, I have patches where the hair has fallen out, the patches are about the size of a 10c coin it does not itch nor are there any noticeable rashes and don''t remember getting hurt at the site where the hair has fallen out. Its been a month or two no sighn of the hai growing back. Any advice?

Aidan

There are numerous reasons for patchy hairloss (alopecia areata) and I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination and blood tests to have a proper diagnosis made. Refer to the following link for more information about this condition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairloss