Posted by: Joan | 2011-02-18

Dear Doc
I am a 58 year old female.
I had a hysterectomy just over 2 years ago and have been on HRT since then. (I don''t know if this has anything to do with my problem).
Gradually, my hair has been getting thinner and thinner, and there is always hair all over the place where I''ve been.
Is there anything I can do about it? What are some causes for this?
Do I need to see a medical professional about it? If so, should I see soe sort of specialist?
Feeling a bit desperate at the moment. So, any advice would be gratefully accepted.

You should consult a doctor to have blood tests done, in order to evaluate your sex hormones, as well as your thyroid and kidney functions.