Question
Posted by: Jainthi | 2010/05/17

Hair loss

Hi Doc,

I stopped taking diane with androcur after maybe 2 years of non stop use.

My hair started shedding and so my doc changed me to Yasmin. It didn''t improve and so I stopped taking the pill completely june 2009. Its been almost a year and its slowed down but not completely stopped.I am also using a natural progesterone cream.

I am taking different vitamins as i was told that iron and folic acid gets depleted while on the pill and also it would improve hair growth etc.

I am 30 YEARS My skin is acting up again and i really don''t want to go the hormone route again as i feel its stuffed up my hormones and its taking a while to normalise.

I have two questions please:

1-a suggestion to control my acne without using Roaccutane or hormonal meds

2-i heard that these two meds help improve the hair loss situation but not sure what other complications may result please advise what you think?
androgen receptor inhibitors- Aldactone or Tagamet

MANY THANKS

Hallo Jainthi
You can try topical antibiotic lotion for your skin like Eryderm. Minoxidil lotion for the scalp may be helpful to stimulate hairgrowth. Aldactone and Tagamet may influence your hormone levels.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/17

Hallo Jainthi

Reply to cyberdoc