Posted by: MKA | 2009-10-06

Hair Loss

dear Doc. I am not sure if this questioned needs to be put to a Determitologist, but since there is none listed, perhaps you could help. My wife age 33 has been losing a lot of hair since the birth of our second son three years ago. Plse can you advise what can be done as her hair which was very thick has now been thinned out quiet abit.

Plse advise . thnx

Hallo MKA
Hairloss after a pregnancy can be due to hormonal changes - she may need to check her thyroid hormone levels as well as her esterogen/progesterone levels. It may help to use a hair supplement like Nuhair vitamins, and a topical lotion like Minoxidil.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-10-06

If she' s been using bcp like Yasmin and diane 35 or others it probably is that. i have wasted 2 yrs with blood tests that turned out normal only to leave BCPills and it stopped. alothough it shedded for a while after but stopped.

Good luck but if it is i have been advised that it grows back but u have to stop or take something else without the side effect of hairloss.

Reply to Dee