Question
Posted by: Liz | 2009/10/05

Hair loss

Hi. I wonder if you can advise me. I am 23 years ols and am battling with thinning hair and hair loss. is there anything that you could suggest. a blood test several years ago revealed that my level of testosterone is higher than usual for a female. my hairline is receding - the hair on my hairline is thin and my forehead looks huge because of this. much thanks.

Dear Liz
It may help if you take an antidandrogenic contraceptive like Diane 35. Discuss with your doctor? You also need to have yourself tested for Cushing/Conn syndrome and Polycystic ovarian syndrome and your thyroid also needs to be checked.