Posted by: Elishama | 2009-07-13

Hair Loss

I am 22 yrs old but am experiencing hair loss by the sides of my head. my hair is still in its virgin state i.e not permed and am wondering what the problem is. pls is there anything I could do to restore my falling hair?

Dear Elishama
If your diet is deficient in iron then you may experience hair loss. You should ensure that you eat plenty of foods that are rich in iron such as liver, red meat, fish, egg yolk, iron-fortified breakfast cereals and dried fruit to boost your intake. If the hair loss continues I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist about your hair problem. In some cases hair loss is caused by a lack of iron in the diet, but you need to have tests to determine if you are actually iron deficient, or if the inability to grow your hair is related to some other cause.

Posted by: Retha | 2009-07-13

I am a health therapist and see this problem often. Just wanted to make sure I know all the facts.

Reply to Retha