Question
Posted by: ssnoopy | 2008/09/02

Hair loss

My 5 years old Ridgeback is loosing hair in patches. The first patch looked like dry skin and I used some excema cream that took the dryness out of his skin.But no hair has grwon back.Over the past 2 weeks I have noticed that he has other patches on his back and under his chin that alos have no hair, but the skinis not dry.

Coukd this be fromthe culprit my Jack Russell who constanly nips in both those areas.

Dear Snoopy

Can be mites Demodex or Sarcops. Sarcops normally causes itching. Dip her with Amitix or Ectodex (vets/vetshops) once weekly for 4-6 weeks and if no improvement take her for an exam.