Posted by: Michelle | 2008-12-20

Hair falling out

I have a collie and a labrador of 4 years and 8 years both female. They seem to be loosing alot of hair lately, they get bathed and dipped every 4 to 6 weeks and get brushed every week or two. They were on vets choice till they found the poisons inside the Vet Choice then I changed them onto Jock, which they seem fine on, their coats shines and look healthy. The lab of 8 years is a bit over weight and I feed her less in the evening. (they get fed twice a day and sleep inside at night due to all the poison fed to the dogs at night. They are house trained the only problem I have is the hair falling out at the moment. Are they lacking something or is it the time of the year. Is Jock a good choice of food or should I rather go onto Ultra dog or Vets choice again, I prefer to support local (made in South Africa) not too sure about these imported products. I can' t afford the expensive products like Hills but still want to give my dogs the best available I did try Botail and another brand bought at a supermarket but they were letting off all the time.

Dear Michelle

Change the food, give them mirra-cote on the food and treat them for fleas.

Posted by: felicity | 2008-12-21

Miracote is available from all vets or vetshops and costs R43.00 for 100ml and R111.oo for 500ml. You should speajk to your local vet for advise about different diets. Your best bet is Ultradog or Vets Choice as a local brand.Your collie at 4 years should be on an adult maintenance diet and your labbie on a senior diet.

Reply to felicity
Posted by: Michelle | 2008-12-20

Thank you for the reply.

What food will be the best to change to. Is Jock a good choice or not, are you allowd to give advice on brands or not really. Will mirra-cote be available at the vet or at a pharmacy.

Thank You

Reply to Michelle