Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-16

Hair Dye during Pregnancy

Hi Doc,
Is it safe to colour ones hair when pregnant? My hair is quite grey and I' m 38 yrs. Please advise what product I can use and how often. At the moment I have to colour my hair every 6 - 8 weeks. My natural colour is reddish brown but I colour it to black. And do I have to go to a salon? I colour my hair at home with retail hair colouring.

It is best to avoid everything till after 12 weeks. Very little of the dye is absorbed, so you should be able to use it after this time. It is probably best to go to a salon as hair reactions can be differnt in pregnancy.

Posted by: Bathini | 2009-09-18

am 12 weeks pregnant i have been eating fish(Hake,Snoek,Pilchards and Tuna) frequently i heard from a friend that you cannnot eat fish at all whilst pregnant, please help.

Reply to Bathini
Posted by: 2nd Time Mummy | 2009-09-18

Hi There

I know one can use organic hair colour which is available at certain salons. I coloured my hair at Carlton when I was 14 weeks preggies. Its safe, dont try any other hair dye as it is not safe..
Im now 32 weeks....all the best

Reply to 2nd Time Mummy