Question
Posted by: Confused | 2009/01/26

Hair colouring while pregnant

I am six weeks pregnant and had my hair coloured in about my 4th week (before I knew I was pregnant). One of my friends told me this weekend that you should not have your hair coloured in the first trimester as it can cause birth defects and I am now really worried. I' ve read through some of the books and am getting mixed messages. Can somebody clarify for me how worried I should be about something going wrong with the baby?

Very little is absorbed, so shouldn't really be a problem.

Best wishs

2
Posted by: Confused | 2009/01/30

Thank you very much! I was really stressing about it!

Reply to Confused
Posted by: FOR CONFUSED | 2009/01/28

I COLOURED MY HAIR WHILE I WAS PREGNANT, MANY TIMES, ACTUALLY AS USUAL, MY CHILD IS HEALTHY AS CAN BE, SHE IS 1Y 9MONTHS!! MOENIE ALLES GLO NIE, DIS OUMENS STORIES!!!!

Reply to FOR CONFUSED