Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/09/05

Hair colour products

Hi, for the past 3 times, whenever I have my hair coloured at the salon and at home, my scalp seems to become very itchy. I take it, it must be due to the chemicals. But I really dont want to a an old grey tannie! So please help, what can I do to prevent this new reaction I am experiencing every time. Thanks!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Susan

You can try taking an oral antihistamine such as DESELEX, starting a day or two before your next hair treatment. Your other options is a PPD-free hair color, i.e henna based products.

2
Posted by: Chantel | 2010/09/14

Hi Jaco, I am 14 weeks pregnant &  have been told that it is unsafe to relax my hair during pregnancy. Can you please confirm whether this is true? I currently use Soft and Beautiful Botanicals. Thanks.

Reply to Chantel
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/09/06

Hi Susan

Reply to pharmacist