Question
Posted by: dw | 2009-12-11

hair

Hi doc. I lose about 150 hairs a day. I am on Vit B complex injections, I use minoxidil, I take a multivitamin, I have had my thyroid and iron levels tested and all is normal. I do suffer from anxiety, could this be the cause? Please help, I am desperate. Thanks in advance.

DW

I do not think you have something to be concerned about, as on average a person looses 100 strands of hair per day. Your hair grows in cycles and at the end of every cycle natural hairloss occurs.

However, if you are still concerned, consult a dermatologist.