Question
Posted by: mike | 2009/11/16

HAIR?? :(

Dear Doc

I'  m a 22 year old male at stellenbosch University. I currently under alot of stress at the moment with regards to work and personal issues.

My hair is thinning as the days go by and I have many grey hairs!! I'  m really worried about this. Is it genetics or external symtoms? I take a multi-vitamen along with selenium,St Johns Wort and Omega 3+6 tablets. So hopefully that along a with a normal diet would exclude unhealthy eating habits as the cause.

Any suggestions or cures?

Kind Regards

Hallo Mike
Greying of hair and thinning/hairloss is often genetic. However, stress and hormonal factors also play a role. You can try Minoxidil lotion to reduce the hair loss (It is just very expensive). Alternative is Alkod although it is not proven scientifically to prevent hair loss. Smoking can also cause premature greying of the hair. Just check your thyroid hormone and iron levels in the blood.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/16

Hallo Mike
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc