Question
Posted by: s | 2009-02-19

hair

I used to have a head full of long thick healthy hair. From the age of about 12/13 it started breaking and thinning. It was around that time that we moved to Namibia from Cape Town and so we thought perhaps it was the dry weather and the chlorine from swimming more that was the cause. I am now 27 and there has been no improvement even though I really try to take good care of my hair. It' s thin, only just below shoulder length as opposed to the hip length it used to be, there are so many split ends and even after trimming they continue to split. I used to take supplements (prosanna) for many years and there was no difference. I then read that iron assists in hair growth so I started taking that. I thought I noticed a difference at first but now I' m not so sure.
I was at a dermotologist a few years ago and he gave me stuff to use on my hair but it smelt so strongly of chemicals and the liquid started to do strange things to the bottle it was in so I stopped using it.
Do you have any advise on getting my hair back to it' s former state? I don' t take any medication except for the birth control pill ginette which I only started using years after the condition started. I also take calcium, omega oils and iron

Dear S
Thinning hair can be caused by low esterogen levels, stress, recent illness, certain medications and thyroid hormone abnormalities. Let your GP check for possible causes. If there are no medical causes found, try taking a vitamin supplement for hair (like Nu-Hair), you can also try putting Bergamot essence in your shampoo ( 1 bottle Lennon bergamot essence in one bottle of shampoo) or Alkod

1

I have experienced severe pain in my lower right side from the back running down my womb.When I am on my periode,it sometimes feel if something wants to just fall threw my vagina. Please advise