Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2011-01-19

Haemroides

Hi Doc,
I have a Haemroidectimy in September 2009. (2 haemroides were removed).
I still suffer from pain in the anal canal especially when I had a bowl movement. I keep my stools soft by using Laxette every night and also magnesium tabs. I also try to eat lots of fibre and drink +- 2litres of water every day.
How can i ensure that the wound on the inside is healing, everytime I have a bowl movement it feels i am tearing at the back.
I live on Myprodols or Brufins on a daily basis to ease the pain/discomfort.

Thank you for your answer.
Sometimes it feels as if I have a spasm in the anal canal.

Is it normal that the healing take so long after the operation.

Dear Ruby
If you had the haemorrhoidectomy in Sept 2009, nearly 16 months ago, and still suffer from constant pain, you MUST contact the surgeon who did the operation ASAP so that he/she can re-examine you to determine why you are still in pain. Most individuals who have such ops recover rapidly and can go on to lead a normal life.
So please make that appointment immediately.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-20

Dear Ruby