Question
Posted by: NewBie | 2010-07-08

Had Sex With A Pro

I had sex with a prostitute 1.5 months ago and its my first time, we had safe sex like -|- with a condom and vaginal sex with double condom, I''ve gone for HIV testing on 30th of June and turned negative. Should i be worried of HIV or AIDS due to this particular episode.

Please help me out, though the results are negative I am still scared of HIV even though that was my first.

A condom is the best way to protect you from HIV, but remember that HEL(L) applies:
H - How to open the wrapper of the condom (no teeth. Also not to store the condom in a purse where it can be damaged (chafing)
E - Check the expiry date
L - Not all lubricants are suitable for condoms
(L) -lust sometimes drives people to risky sexual behaviour. Rather practice sex in a safe and committed relationship. If not, make sure the above is in place to decrease your risk for HIV and other STI.

13
Posted by: ntl | 2010-07-08

stupid man - why couldn''t you just masterbate!

Reply to ntl
Posted by: Woman | 2010-07-08

Newbie, I am saying just that. The true figures are that 4 out of every 5 people in SA has AIDS. Why does the government not release the figures? Well, just imagine the panic it will cause. Not to mention the economic and political fall out. If you want research on AIDS in SA, do not read the newspapers, read internationally recognized research papers by experts specialising in this.

The only way to protect yourself is by abstinence or by having sex only in a committed relationship (which for you, you have already compromised). Now you will have to wonder whether your future wife knows about your morals? My guess is no.

And the sad thing is, you won''t tell your wife that you might have HIV/AIDS, you''ll have sex with her on your wedding night, and she might get infected too. She won''t know she''s at risk, and would therefore only find out when she falls pregnant. By then your kid will also be infected.

And that''s how it spreads,folks!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: ANON | 2010-07-08

HAHA OUR GOVERMENT IS DUMB THAT WAS A STUPID QUESTION AND I HOPE U LIVE WITH THE GUILT WITH WHAT U HAVE DONE TO UR POOR FUTUR WIFE AND THE WHAT U COULD GIVE HER, THIS COUNTRY HAS THE HIGHEST HIV IN THE WORLD AND U GO SLEEP WITH A PRO THATS SO STUPID AND USING 2 CONDOMS CAN MAKE THEM BREAK CAUSE OF FRICTION BETWEEN THEM.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: NewBie | 2010-07-08

Hey women what''s the point of all the adverts by governments use condoms avoid AIDS are you saying governments are dumb asses

Reply to NewBie
Posted by: Woman | 2010-07-08

Oh my word - you had sex with a prostitute 2 months before your wedding? I wish I knew your fiancee, god I hope she finds out and dumps your ass.

Having sex with a condom protects you from AIDS as much as a sheet will protect you from the ground if you jump 10 stories. You should NOT be having sex until you have received the all clear from your doctor - in 6 months'' time!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: NewBie | 2010-07-08

I didn''t do anything stupid and used two condoms for sex

Reply to NewBie
Posted by: Maryanne | 2010-07-08

Why are you sooo....worried if u really used protection? Unless there is something you not telling us NewBie

Reply to Maryanne
Posted by: NewBie | 2010-07-08

yeah I should have thought about it but its my first and last with a pro since i am getting married in AUG

Reply to NewBie
Posted by: zan | 2010-07-08

u should of thought abt tht befor u had sex with the pro

Reply to zan
Posted by: Jox | 2010-07-08

Dont worry I think you are safe

Reply to Jox
Posted by: XXX | 2010-07-08

Your chances are slim but there is always a risk of course

Reply to XXX
Posted by: NewBie | 2010-07-08

-|- meaning oral sex

Reply to NewBie
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-07-08

E - Check the expiry date

Reply to sexologist