Question
Posted by: Masego | 2008/08/06

Had endormetriosis removed &  IVF faliure

I am still not able to conceive and I just need to know what is wrong with me. The other Doctor said my tudes were scared but then the other one send me for exrays and confirmed that there is nothing wron with my tubes and now I am confused and not sure whatn is wrong with me.

Dear Masego

The X-ray may not be able to establish pathology outside of the fallopian tubes as well as a laparoscopy would and therefore if there is any doubt as to the true status of the tube, I would suggest a laparoscopy be done. If this has already been performed then the findings of the laparoscopy would be the more reliable of the two. Furthermore, other causes of infertility need to be investigated for as well and this includes sperm analysis and ovulation testing and hormonal balance.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim