Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-09-21

Had a " breakdown" 

Yesterday was 5 weeks since the Lap Band and I''ve " only"  lost 8.7kg''s

My tummy has restriction (The Band) not my mind....

Last Night was a bad night....i cried and cried. I miss my soul mate, I miss my lover, I miss my friend, I miss my comforter....am I talking about people?? NOOOO I am talking about FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had to learn to live differently, I cant just grab a bottle of wine when I''m down, or a vienna or make desserts or bake cookies with my kids... or or or...did i make a mistake? ......

and a friend sent me a text asking me WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU (implying that i have changed and become bitchy? - wanna see her live like this).... then I read what someone wrote on my facebook group that i started _ about why she hates being fat and that was the last straw - cried my eyes out.

Then I got up washed my face and put it behind me. Today is a new day and we carry on.

B.T.W. my cousin died 2 years ago he was the " fattest"  in the family died of ..well..fat (co-morbids) at the funeral someone said - YOU are now the fattest - i''ve never forgiven them or forgot that....TODAY I CAN SAY I GOT ON THE SCALE AND I AM NOW OFFICIALLY THE 2ND FATTEST person in my family - SHE is now the fattest...i sent her a text saying exactly that! (okay maybe i am a little bitchy)

I know this is normal - as i read in the books i''ve downloaded...people say this is an easy way out its not. You STILL have to " diet"  - you can still eat wrong you just cant eat alot.

Its a long hard battle but I am trying my best.

thanks

Love as always CS. Hope you and Kitty Cat have a lovely looong weekend.

Well, that's the snag with such surgeries, and where I'd prefer to see CBT added to the mix, so you can place th mental band, yourself.
But wise to put the crying behind you ( even days of crying loses no significant weight )
Now in your family you can compete for the post of most normal weight ( not thinnest, as that's not healthy either ) and not as the fattest.
As you've discovered there is never any easy way out of any significant problem, but some ways out are more effective than others.
Cat says she's reading with interest, as she's put on some weight this winter, too.

1