Question
Posted by: CPM | 2009-02-17

Had a nice break CS?

Hi Dear CS, hope you had a good time? Having a break from all us " dillie"  people?<br><br>Remember my previous problem? When you said don' t make a scene out of it? I stormed in the room gave her a hiding of her life. She was so shocked she did not even cry.<br><br>Somehow cs she has to learn that this is not acceptable! The care giver asked if she does not see it somewhere? But where ? She' s never alone. I don' t know if what I did was wrong or right but i talking and explaining does not work so a hiding might? Thanks as always CS<br>Love Mom

Well, I guess it's a break to move across to some FRESH dillie people ! Not so pleasant, though, visiting my formerly happy little flat in Durban, now vandalized and stripped bare of everything of any value. <br>ANyhow. Well, of course it's not the dog's fault, and maybe giving him away before he gets older and before this becomes a habit all round, would be wise. It may be a good idea to explore ( maybe her school of other parents could advise ) finding a good local psychologist familiar with the problems of this sort of disability and sexuality. And take her for a consultation and more specific advice. <br>It's often a problem in people with mental handicaps as they grow. An operation may prevent pregnancies, but doesn't stop them from having normal sexual desires --- and because they don't understand the rules we live with about what is and isn't acceptable behaviours, they tend to engage in whatever feels good, without seeing anything wrong about it. She hasn't absorbed the talk you gave her, and sees this as simply something that feels good, and doesn't see anything wrong with it --- and now has learned probably more that it is something to hide from mom, raher than that it is wrong as such. <br>A psychologist may be able to suggest more direct ways to help, having assessed her directly.