Question
Posted by: KAZ | 2010-03-09

Had 12 puppies now down to 4

My german shepherd gave birth to 12 puppies of which 5 were stillborn and 3 she accidentally suffocated by sitting on them, one that of the ones she sat on was still alive but died later after trying to get it to drink or giving it mouth to mouth but sadly didn''t make. This is her first litter now I''m scared to go to bed and find another dead one. Is this normal for first time moms to do this? The mother is 5 and half years old. The welping box is a fair size.

Dear Kaz

some bitches do not make very good mothers and this can happen with a second litter as well.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-03-10

Dear Kaz

Reply to Cybervet