Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2008/07/03

habit with ex's

I have realised I have formed a cycle regarding my relationships. Whenever I break up with a guy, after a few weeks I want him back and will go to the ends of the earth to do so. So far, I have not been successful in getting any ex boyfriend back. The problem is that no matter what issues we had in the relationship or how bad the relationship was, I always want them back. How do I change this. I want to want them when I am with them in the relationship!!

OK, recognizing an unhelpful pattern is the first step towrds changing it. See a good local therapist, preferably of the CBT persuasion, and work on changing this bad habit of actions and thoughts and assumptions