Question
Posted by: crybaby | 2011-05-17

habit?

How can I stop being miserable and sensitive? I am on antidepressants but still cant be happy. My life is ok, no problems. Please help. thanks.

Antidepressants do not, ever, make someone happy. Psychotherapy, including CBT, can sometimes help to do that. Antidepressants can help to reduce Depression if it is present and properly diagnosed, and if they are used properly and in the right doses. Where one has problems in how one deals with life and other people, in understanding why one chooses to be miserable about an OK life, psychotherapy, not chemicals, can help a lot.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2011-05-17

If the AD''s don''t work, it''s time to try a different AD. Also try CBT-style counseling. Sometimes being depressed can become a bad habit. Cognitive behavior therapy helps to recognize when your thoughts are problematic and how to change your negative thought patterns into more positive ones.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza