Question
Posted by: jenni | 2010-07-25

H1N1 vaccine

Hi, I have 4 kids, 16,14,9 and 4. They are all healthy with no allergies or other problems.
My question is : my 9 year old bought home a letter asking permission to vaccinate her for H1N1. Apparently this is a nationwide campaign so I expect the others will receive similar letters. Is this justified, and what advise would you give as to the nescessity of this?(I don''t want to vaccinate unless it is advised, as my approach to my children''s health is to generally avoid antibiotics and build strong immune systems - so far this seems to have worked for us.)

Please advise as I need to send the reply slip soonest.

Thanks!

Hallo Jenni
The government has an immunization campaign this year to immunize children, pregnant women and people with heart and lung disease. The vaccine that is available covers for the seasonal flu as well as the swine flu and is not a bad thing to take. It is an inactivated vaccine so will not cause disease.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-26

Hallo Jenni