Question
Posted by: Anna | 2010-06-25

H

I struggle to maintain an even level of productivy - I feel really low and overwhelmed by noise and distraction in the afternoons and it leads to quite a high stressload. What can i do to manage this better?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Anna,

Many people notice find that stress causes their energy levels drop off in the pm and they are less productive as a result. Any distraction can be very invasive (esp. things like noise pollutants). Managing the environment is very tricky unless you can wear ear-muffs at work :)

The most effective approach to deal with stress is to find a specific technique that ensures you can focus, stay productive and not get sucked into the stress related intrusion.

This is a skill set is pretty simple to maintain once you've been shown how to mindfully engage the 'Relaxation Response- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Benson') so that emotional turbulence does not sap your energy away, causing you to feel and be less productive.

In which city are you based, maybe you'd like to share your concern with me via skype or in my Jhb or CT practice?

All the best til then,
Kindest regards,
Justin

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
justin@kennedy.co.za

The information in this email is confidential and legally privileged. It is intended solely for the Health24 Expert Forum. Access to this by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted in reliance on it, is prohibited and unlawful.

1
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010-06-25

Hi Anna,

All the best til then,
Kindest regards,
Justin

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
justin@kennedy.co.za

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert