Question
Posted by: topaz_sa | 2012-03-07

Gynecological check ups

I have been looking for a female gynecologist for my mother-in-law, and I cannot find one that is taking any more patients.

She has not had a pap smear in over 25 years. I suppose she can go to a GP for a pap smear, but what about an internal ultra sound? Is it important to have one of these done?

And could you refer me to a female gynecologist in the JHB area? around Randburg/sandton/forways

Thank you.

I don't know the gynaecologists is specific areas. Your GP can help you with this. It is not necessary to have an ultrasound as part of a routine check-up, unless therre are symptoms.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-03-09

Posted by: topaz_sa | 2012-03-08

Mary, she is my doc too, and I agree. but she is taking no new patients, even family members of existing patients :(

Reply to topaz_sa
Posted by: mary | 2012-03-08

dr Heidra Darhs - Sunninghill in Sandton
best gynecologist I have ever been to!!

Reply to mary
Posted by: Lee | 2012-03-08

Dr Loock in Olivedale Clinic

Reply to Lee