Question
Posted by: Desirè  | 2010-01-20

Gynae neccesary?

Dear Doc
I am 6 weeks pregnant and are seeing my GP, i would just like to know is it absolutely neccesarry to see a gynae as well? or would my Gp advice me to go to one, if he thinks its neccesarry?
We are far from a gynae, about 400 kms.I dont want anything to go wrong, and some people say a gynae is absolutely necessary.
Thank you very much.

It depends on whether you have any risk factors for the pregnancy in terms of medical illnesses or previous pregnancy complications. Also whether your GP is used to dealing with Obstetrics.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-21