Question
Posted by: L | 2008/08/14

GYNAE DOC @ NETCARE HOSP,KUILSRIVER

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

I' M GOING TO FACE MY WORST NIGHTMARE... GOING TO A GYNAE! I AM VERY SHY! WE WANT A BABY, BEEN TRYING SINCE APRIL, NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING IS FINE.

OUR MEDICAL AID WORKS A BIT DIFFERENTLY AND THEY TELL US WHERE TO GO... I MUST GO TO A DOCTOR AT THE NETCARE HOSPITAL, KUILSRIVER. I' VE GOT AN APPOINMENT WITH A DR V/D MERWE. ANYONE BEEN TO HIM BEFORE? WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE AND HOW OLD +\-? IMAGINE IT IS A BRAD PITT LOOK ALIKE................. I DID PHONE THE RECEPTIONIST, BUT SHE DIDN' T " KNOW"  HIS AGE?)

GYNAE DOC YOU DON' T HAVE TO ANSWER THIS Q - UNLESS THERE IS A WEBSITE THAT GOT SOME INFORMATION ABOUT DOCTERS?

CAN I TAKE MY HUSBAND WITH OR DO THE GYNAECOLOGIST PREFER TO BE ALONE WITH THE PATIENT??? HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HUSBAND SITTING WITH AT 1ST CONSULTATION?

THANX!

Most doctors don't mind the husband being there for the history but not during the examination/.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/16

hi gynae doc I have a problem; I am 37 yrs old suffering from extreme pain. went to a gynaecologist and said that I have about 5-6 cysts on every ovary. I do not get my menstruation for a very long time now. Been on the pill before but I have bad side effects like migraine and eat lots. I have now been suffering with severe abdominal pain since Sunday but don't now if it's symptoms of premenstrual signs. I reached this point where I decided to have my womb removes because it's happening frequently. I do not have kids and somehow I doubt I will ever. Help please advise. I am NJR