Question
Posted by: Sherlock | 2008/06/20

Gynae Doc is VERY vague

Really, you can give your entire family history and want some answers or input and she comes back with something that doesn't actually tell you ANYTHING!

Sorry, but I just needed to get that out in the open. I know I didn't ovulate this past month, I want to know what can be the cause or the reason and where to from here, then I get: "It doesn't sound like you are ovulating"... No sh#t sherlock!

*

3
Posted by: m | 2008/06/20

Sherlock,
This is why Gynae doc can`t give you an answer. The following could be reasons for NOT ovulating. Hypothalamic chronic anovulation, psychogenic,exercise- associated,malnutrition, mixed or unknown etiology,anorexia nervosa,pseudocyesis,forms of gonadotropin deficiency,hypopituitarism,pituary tumors,pcos,adrenal hyperfunction,thyroid dysfunction,prolactin and or growth hormone excess,hypothalamic dysfunction,drug induced,functional androgen excess,obesity,abnormal buffering involving sex hormones etc. And the list goes on and on and on. She does not have a crystal ball to know what your problem is..... Go and see your own gynae and stop making gynae doc the pig in the story.

Hope you are satisfied.

Reply to m
Posted by: Sherlock | 2008/06/20

I don't want a diagnosis, but something other than what I already stated myself...

Just some explanation, no need to be 2 pages, but factual would be nice.

Reply to Sherlock
Posted by: Watson | 2008/06/20

Well if u need a "clear answer" y dont u go to u'r gynae? It is unfair of you to expect a two page answe or a full diagnosis over the internet. That u will get from a consultation with your gynae.

And by the way see the conditions on top of the web page - it clearly states : "The information provided on this forum is general information and recommendations for the symptoms you described. This does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition...... You should consult a medical practitioner for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice"

Reply to Watson