Question
Posted by: GYNAE | 2009/09/23

GYNAE

hi

Is it ok to go to another gynae after the other gynae already checked me out lapscope and all. i just think that maybe the other gynae will notice what the previous one didnt notice,the first gynae told me i must think of ivf and thats not an option for me as i dont have that sort of money.

Dear Gynae

It is always valuable to get a second opinion and certainly before resorting to in-vitro fertilization, it is best to be totally committed to the treatment. Should the two gynaecologists not agree as to the findings then it would be advisable to even get a third opinion in some instances.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim