Question
Posted by: 60 | 2009-03-27

Gynae

Everytime when I take my wife to see a gynae I get stressed out after that because I cannot imagine another man touching my wife.
Do you think gynaes get aroused when they are dealing with their patients? I know they are supposed to be proffesional but hey that thought drives me crazy.

Dear 60,

What you are describing is a very common phenomenon. Many men experience emotional reactions to the reality of their wives needing to consult a gynaecologist and that the examination includes a physical examination of his wife's vagina and breasts. Men often feel territorial about their partner's and perceive this as an invasion of their sacred "territory".

So firstly you need to understand your reaction is common thus in essence normal. How to deal with it involves focusing on it intellectually and objectively in contrast to your subjective response.

The gynaecologist is executing a professional and medically indicated procedure to ensure the physical well being of your wife.

I hope this perspective offers some help.

2
Posted by: Kems | 2009-03-30

If it bothers you that much, just suggest her going to a female gynae .....

Reply to Kems
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-27

The first time i went the gynae put his finger up there and fingered me, i think to open it as he couldnt get the thing in there it was sore for me.He was thrusting in and out and it was sooo uncomfortable!also he examined my breasts and it was kind of embar.because my nipple were hard and i was thinking that he might think that i was horny or something!!! I totally was not, it was the most uncomfortable expereince iv had yet although the Dr.was very nice.
Also wonder if they ever get turned...

Reply to Kelly