Question
Posted by: eli | 2008/09/23

Gymnema sylvestre

I' m currently on glucophage and started taking a product by biogen called phenadrine xtra, it contains a herb Gymnema sylvestre. Does Glucophage and Gymnema sylvestre interact with each other. Should I stop taking the Gymnema sylvestre if on glucophage

many thanks

Dear Eli
I am not a herbalist, but doing a search on the Internet shows that the herb Gymnema sylvestris does seem to have an effect on blood sugar levels. The problem is that Glucophage also lowers blood sugar, so that by combining these 2 products you may lower your blood sugar to levels where you suffer from hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) which is also not desirable. I think you need to ask the dr who prescribes the Glucophage and/or your pharmacist if he/she recommends the use of this herb in combination with Glucophage.

1
Posted by: Tanya | 2009/02/02

I want to know if supplement pills Phedra cut or Biogen Phenadrine is bad for you? I gym three times a week and eat quite healthly but i just can' t shed my last few kgs of baby fat. I feel like i have a block and need something to kick start me - would this be the right thing??

Reply to Tanya