Posted by: Jenna | 2011-06-11

Hi there,

Thanks for all the advice you give here, keep up the good work. :-)

My actual question, I''ve just joined the gym, last night was the first night I went. I started with 20 minutes on the treadmill, starting with speed 3 and increasing every few minutes until I was up to 6 (sorry I don''t know what the speed is, km ph or what). Then I used the only three weight machines I figures out how to use, did 3 sets of 12 reps on the leg machine (the one where you use your thighs to pull the weights) and 3 sets on 10 reps on the machine where you pull the weights up and down with your arms). That one I did with my palms/hands facing both out and in. Then I used a machine that worked my chest area, having to push the weights out. So in all, I did four sets of weight exercises. Then I did 30 ''crunches'' using a machine where you have to pull the weights by pushing the bar with your upper body and slowing going back to the start (sitting up straight) position. I finished on the treadmill again, this time starting at speed 4 and increasing to a jog at speed 8 (which I did at 2 minute intervals, going to speed 5-6 during non jogging minutes). There were no instructers around, and of course if I had to ask them for a programme they charge. So I want to know if this is OK for now? I''ve put on 3kgs over the past month (new job, much longer hours, didn''t exercise for a month) and want to lose it. I''m 1.75m tall, weigh 58kgs. The body assessment the gym did showed my bmi at 19.5 but my body fat was high at 33.

Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-06-22

Reply to fitnessdoc