Posted by: ALR | 2009-07-07

Gyming this winter

I have just started working my 3rd job - 2 during the day and one two nights a week.

I would love to get back into my gyming routine but at the moment getting up at 5am is just not happening - between the cold and my stress at work, sleep just sounds so much better.

I know its a bit of a lame excuse but I just dont know how to get up in the morning. About 2 years ago, i gymed 6 times a week and it was great - I want to eventually get back into the routine.

I have a exercise ball at the office. I was wondering if there are simple exercises you can recommend for me to do during the day that might help me with my fitness and keep me moving until Im able to get back to gym...

The comment you got is right - you could just replace the chair with the ball, that makes a difference already.

For other exercises, this is a pretty good resource:

Hope that helps. And also, I know it is difficult, but three jobs and no time for yourself is probably not that sustainable, not only for fitness but for general well-being, so hopefully your routine can be changed soon, giving you time to exercise.

Posted by: ali | 2009-07-08

why don' t you replace your office chair with your exercise ball, for at least 1hr per day. this will increase your core strength hugely, as well as posture will better.

Reply to ali