Question
Posted by: Saren | 2009/12/08

Gym Schedule

Hi Dr
i had my 2d C-Section 6 months back, now for the last 3 weeks i have been going to the gym 6 days a week with the following routine,
20min treadmil level 6
20min stepper
20min super circuit included is 200 situps.
please let me know how i can loose the kgs as they done seem to be dropping, what am i doing wrong? I need to loose abt 30kgs

thanks

Saren

Hi Saren

Well, it's only been 3 weeks, that's not very long at all. In fact, I wouldn't weigh myself for the first 5 to 6 weeks, rather let your body get fitter first and understand that you might gain weight because your muscle mass will go up when you begin to exercise. That's particularly true, because you didn't do any exercise in the months leading up to the birth, and none after. So lean muscle mass will rise and you can expect some weight gain. This is a good thing though, nothing to worry about.

Your programme seems OK. A bit excessive, if I have to give an opinion, because you're just starting out and you may actually be doing too much too soon. Injury and burnout are possible if this is true, and so just be careful about that.

Other than this, give it time. And make sure you see a dietician, because all the exercise in the world will not help your weight loss if you don't also eat well, and you can't be sure of this unless you have a dietary opinion!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/12/11

Hi Saren

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc