Question
Posted by: Ryan | 2011/08/10

Gym Routine

I am trying to decide on gym routine to gain muscle.
Which routine would you advise: Monday and Thursday - Chest and back  Tuesday and Friday - Arms and shoulders - and Wednesday - Legs and core.
Or would you recommend a more specialised workout - Monday- chest, tues - arms, wedns - legs, thurs - shoulders - frid - back?

Hi Ryan

I think the first option, only because it gives you two days of training per group per week. And doing chest and back on the same day is not going to compromise the quality of the workout you get. There's only one proviso to this and that's that if you do feel fatigued or burned out, then drop a muscle group and go to your second option, but if you feel up to the double group day, then I'd go with that for now, see how it goes. At a later stage, if you start doing really heavy lifting, then it's worth considering isolating a muscle per session.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/08/23

Hi Ryan

Reply to fitnessdoc