Posted by: sm | 2009-04-03

Gym Routine

My excersis partner and I have been going to gym for 4 times a week for about a year. Both of us are slim built - I am 1.75m and wiegh 69km. We both have hectic schedules during the day so often "  forget"  to eat. We try and drink a shake during the day. but we try saying away from any other products
My problem is that we do not really build muscle or get definition!
Can you maybe recommend a program that we can use?
We really need to see some results to keep us motivated!
Thanks for the forum! And your time!

Hi Sm

Can't really do a programme over this forum, it doesn't lend itself to that very well. Also difficult to be constructive when I know nothing of your current routine.

A big part of it might be diet - if your energy intake is low you can train all you want and see no result, so that's something certanly worth looking into.

In terms of the training, all I can suggest is that you increase the size of the weights you are using. I'm assuming that you're doing the right kinds of training and exercise, using the weight machines and so on. THat's correct, but the key might be to use heavier weights, because then you start to build muscle. Perhaps you're just too light on the weights and increasing them would help

That's about all I can suggest given the lack of information. It's really not a complex issue, provided you're doing the right typesof training, and that's pretty easy at a gym - the circuit is a start, and you can do free weights once you've mastered that. But on the circuit, you get pretty much all the muscle groups.

Hope it helps