Question
Posted by: HoneyH | 2011/08/29

Gym programme

Hi doc, I''m a 40yr old female with about 8kgs overweight.
Mon - Kata Box 60 min
Wed - Zuma &  Pure Pump 60 min each
Thurs - Zumba &  Step &  Weights class
Friday - Step class or spinning &  walking
Is this ok to do if i want to lose weight.
Tx

Hi Honey

Sounds OK to me, the good thing is that it's 4 days a week, which is a good start point. I would say that you should look at adding a day on Sat or Sun, to get it up to five, and then it will be 20% better. Obviously, diet is just as, if not more important than exercise for weight loss, so don't neglect that side of the equation, it's vital.

Just be careful that you're not overdoing it on some of these days. Your Wed session is 2 hours long and that's a big day. Don't do both if you are feelng a bit flat, because you'll start to burn out and by the end of September, you may be too tired to train at all. Rather build slowly, get fit and strong and then go bigger.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/09/04

Hi Honey

Reply to fitnessdoc