Question
Posted by: Anony | 2010/11/23

gym and pregnancy

HI

I ust discovered that I am pregnant but I have made an appointment with the gyaeno.So my question is I have a 7mnth old and she is still breastfeeding should I continue breastfeeding.My other question I am attending aerobic classes from Monday to Thursday can I continue with the gym.I think I am 1.5 week pregnant

You should probably try and wean the baby off the breast now. You can continue with gym but cut down so that you do not push your pulse rate up too high for too long.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/23

You would not yet have ovulated or be pregnant at 1.5 weeks. If you have missed your period you are at around 5 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period.

It is fine to breastfeed during pregnancy, it will not harm your growing baby and will continue to nourish your feeding baby. Read up on it on the site w w w dot kellymom dot c o m which has only evidence based information about breast feeding and is run by an internationally board certified lactation consultant.

You can also continue to excercise while breastfeeding and while pregnant, it will make your pregnancy easier as well as the birth if you are fit and healthy.

Personally I found that I vomited so much between weeks 8 and 12 that I couldn''t go to gym for fear of vomiting on everyone there, but at 13 weeks was able to start slowly again.

Reply to Purple