Question
Posted by: Munt | 2010/09/02

GYM after birth

I will be delivering my baby with a c-section very soon, My question is how soon can I go to the gym and how soon can I start using the Turbo Charger Vibra Plate, which I already have at home? I also bought a belt to flatten my tummy that I want to use after having the baby, how soon can I start putting the belt, seeing that I would have had an operation?

Usually you should wait 6 weeks to allow the healing process to occur.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/09/03

AFter a C-section you have to wait about 6 - 8 weeks before you can start doing gentle excercise. Its also better to start with a post natal class rather than go straight back into gym. Definitely not before your 6 week check up after the op - it is major surgery.

After a natural birth, you can start excercising gently from about 4 weeks (but some moms have adjusted to the sleepless nights before then, so start at about three weeks).

Reply to Purple