Question
Posted by: laeekha | 2010-01-14

Gush of blood in third trimester

Yesterday at about 1am in the morning I had a gush of blood that came out and every time I stood up it just kept on coming out, until I got to the hospital it slowed down it was very liquidly and if I looked on the pad a greenish mucus was shown a bit. I went to the hospital and I had two internal examinations done one by the nurse and the other by my doctor. When they did the internal they said that I wasn’ t open as yet… .i am currently 35weeks pregnant, I stayed over for observation as I was and I am currently, slightly bleeding although it is not as thick and red as period blood and not as much, its watery with a bit of blood and greenish toneThe babies heart beat is fine, she is moving and I don’ t have any pains… I have read and I thought it was a ‘ Bloody show’  as it started off day before yesterday with a brownish discharge.
I will be seeing my doctor this weekend and than he will do a scan, but rite up until my last visit with him baby was fine in the rite position.
I don’ t think it is the placenta as I read the signs and I don’ t seem to have it… 
Please give me your opinion and I wanted to also know now that I am back at home is it ok to use a tampon?

It sounds like a show. Use pads rather than tampons.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-15

Posted by: K | 2010-01-14

Hi. I wouldn' t use a tampon if I was you. You wouldn' t want it to get ' lost'  should your cervix start to open.

Reply to K