Question
Posted by: pete | 2012/06/22

gums

hello,
i know this is a strange question, but would you know if the facial tissues and scalp tissues are made of the same material as our dental gums?
ever since i injured my gums a year ago, my scalp has felt squashy and itchy and whenever i move my head, my jaw and scalp make a crackling sound.
i''m worried that the injury could be " eating"  these tissues.
thank you

Pete

The facial tissue and the gum tissue do consist of similiar material. The skin on the face, does however, contain keratin and the mucosa of the mouth is not keratinised. Consult your doctor for an examination to determine the cause for your symptoms.