Question
Posted by: Val | 2011/07/05

Guilt!

I didn''t see a doctor or do any tests during my 1st trimester. I only started seeing a GP 24 weeks into my pregnancy, I did multiple tests and the all came back negative and I been going for sonars and consultation and everything is fine up to so far ( am 31 weeks now ) but I just can''t shake the feeling that something might go wrong during the birth of my baby. I know I was wrong to not consult a doctor as soon as I found out but I was indenial back then, I didn''t want this baby and hoped and wished to miscarry, I even considered arbortion but my boyfriend found out and begged me to keep the baby and I did and I fell in love with him and now I feel very guilty abt not taking enough care of him and can''t stop thinking that am going to be a bad mum

It sounds like everything is alright so far. It is normal to worry about things going wrong during a pregnancy, and not everything can be predicted or prevented. You may be feeling guilty, but it doesn't seem that your late start of antenatal care has caused any problem.

6

Posted by: Val | 2011/07/07

Thank a mil Poo, now i feel alot better.

Reply to Val
Posted by: Poo | 2011/07/06

Val, you have done way better than I did so please dont stress yourself. I''ll tell you a little story (and I guess the others out there who are reading this). I was young and plain stupid when I fell pregnant with my first child. I only saw a doctor when I was 36 weeks pregnant !!! After tests, everything checked out really well. She was indeed a perfectly healthy little baby girl and now at 10 YEARS OLD is the most precious, intelligent, happy and healthy child ever. We have always loved her to bits! I also felt so guilty but you know what there are others less fortunate who I have heard just pop babies out and they are strong and healthy! Your little one will be too ! AND you will be a SUPER DUPER MOM you''ll see...xxx

Reply to Poo
Posted by: Val | 2011/07/06

Thanks ladies, feels good sharing with people who do not judge.

Reply to Val
Posted by: CHER | 2011/07/06

in was in the same boat.
i wanted to abort, bf stopped me and friends encouraged me not to until my family found out and things started going smooth.

i also started going to the DR when i was 23 weeks.i wished for miscarage but nothing happened. i love my unborn baby so much. I AM FEELING EXCITED and i''m praying to be a good mom and have a loving child.

Reply to CHER
Posted by: char | 2011/07/05

You will not be a bad mum.I know exactly how you feel it also happened to me with my 2nd baby when i realised that all along i was dating someone who was married and living a double life.I did not want anything to do with my unborn baby but i now i have the most wonderful daughter smart,loves me to bits and a very happy child.

Reply to char