Question
Posted by: Dog Lover | 2010/02/18

Guide dog lost

I have a friend who is telling us about this wonderful guide dog (she believes) a labrador who is so lovely which someone found in Pretoria and after trying to find out whom it belongs to gave it to her - she lives in JHB.

She' s just sent me a picture of this dog and i am thinking SURELY if this dog seems so well trained as she say' s and does know things in advance and and it belongs to someone who is desperately looking for their dog?

Surely you cant just " keep"  the dog?

She should inform the local SPCA and police station.

4
Posted by: A | 2010/03/12

How does she know its a guide dog?

Reply to A
Posted by: steph | 2010/02/19

yes she needs to check that the dog is chipped and try to return it to the owner. She can also try to contact the local blind association and see if someone lost their dog.

My dogs are chipped for the express purpose of finding them in they get lost, she really needs to look into this.

Reply to steph
Posted by: Chill | 2010/02/18

Has she checked if it is microchipped?

What about phoning the guide dog association? They keep tabs on all their ' students'  and would surely know if one has got lost.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/18

Reply to Cybervet