Question
Posted by: Mimi | 2010-09-23

GTT Test

Hi Dr
Well I had the 2 hr GTT test yesterday and the results are normal. What I would like to know as my gp did not explain fully - what does the GTT actually test for??
as per my previous posts the gp said she suspects I have hypoglycema - if my GTT is normal does it mean that I dont have low blood sugar?? I really dont know now as I still have these attacks every few days of needing to eat, getting faint, breaking out in a sweat esp in the afternoon....
I would appreciate your input

Hallo Mimi
If your GTT is normal, your insulin reacts normally to a sugar load and you do not have a risk for diabetes or clinical low blood sugar. However, your metabolism may be fast so that your blood sugar levels drop in between meals. The solution is to follow a low GI diet and eat something in between meals like an apple or provita with slice of cheese.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-23

Hallo Mimi