Posted by: Janine | 2009-06-04

GSDs very dark runny poo for weeks - Cybervet?

My 2 GSDs have had very dark/black runny poo for weeks now? Is this a problem? They are on raw meat diets, no pellets.
Please advice.

Dear Janine

Not normal. Take a feacal sample to your vet for a start.

Posted by: Manda | 2009-06-11

I agree with chill. If u were sick u wouldn' t wait for weeks to go to the doctor... The dog can' t take himself to te vet..u have a pet owner it is your resposibility to look after and care for your pet.... Sies.... take the dog to the vet.... If u can' t take care of your animals then don' t get any...

Reply to Manda
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-04

Dark/black faeces could indicate internal bleeding.

For how many weeks would you say it' s reasonable to wait before you do anything? If those were my dogs, it would have been 48 hours, maximum... but then, that' s just me.

Reply to Chill